Nothing else could describe the veritable pleasures of a Casablanca retreat better than our handcrafted pieces of ottomans, bed ends, settees, or chaise lounges ! Glam up your homes with these quirky yet stylish pieces that are true epitomes of versatility - use them as comfy foot rests, or as pretty bed ends, as coffee tables in the living room or as foyer settee to welcome your guests or even as dreamy daybeds. Spruce up these uber chic pieces in patterned prints, eclectic leatherette, or even in velvety fabrics with tufting, they are sure to keep you enthralled with their good looks!
- Tight, attached seat and back cushions will stretch and wrinkle with use. You can easily restore their appearance by smoothing the surface and tucking excess upholstery into the sides of the seat or back.
- To minimize fading, we recommend placing your upholstered pieces where they won’t be exposed to direct sunlight.
- Professional cleaning when you think is required is ideal for your upholstery to be looking at its best. We recommend once in two years.
- Please do not push sofa sideways or from back to clean floor or while shifting. We recommend you lift it and shift.
- For wrinkles and lumpy look on loose poly-fiber cushions/ accent cushions and sofa seat back cushions: Smooth the cover on the seat/ back cushions. It is recommended that seats and backs are smoothed and fluffed to make sure that the interior materials are evenly distributed throughout from time to time.
Fabric care/ Stain cleaning
- For persistent stains and overall cleaning, contact an in-house professional upholstery cleaning agent/ sofa shampoo cleaners.
- Never use spot cleaners containing bleach or alcohol.
- Do not dry clean or machine wash cushion casings as it may damage the fabric, backing or stitching.
- You’ll get the best results if you treat stains immediately.
- Spot clean with a damp white cloth. Blot to remove excess water. Air dry. Avoid over saturation which can damage the fabric backing or upholstery foam. Don’t rub
- Frame: Made with solid hardwood, our sofas come with a quality promise that ensures stability, durability and support even with years of frequent use and built to last. Interlocks, re-in forced joinery, glues, screws and staples are used to hold the seating together
- Seating Support:
- Sinuous coil: ‘S’ shaped sinuous metal wire springs are stretched laterally across the frame of a sofa. These coils are attached on the sides of the frames with clips allowing it to flex. These provide additional support and stability. Sinuous coil suspension or support is preferred in some cases.
- Webbing: Interwoven nylon strips of suspension is used to create resilient platform and base. This elasticized webbing is securely attached to the wood frame with staples and a hammock like platform is created for good support of seat cushions. Webbing suspensions are ideal for thin-profile styles that require maximum support in minimal space. It may be used alone or along with coil springs depending upon the form and shape of a sofa or a chair.
- Foam: Quality branded foam of various densities is used on your sofa back, seat and armrest to provide that extra comfort and the perfect appearance. Medium-hard to a medium-soft foam density foam is used depending upon your preference of comfort and the silhouette of the sofa/chair. Polyeutherene or poly-fibre are wrapped to layer the foam for a smooth look and feel. In-case of a structured even sit, we would provide a higher density foam that retains shape with little maintenance. For that sink-in soft, yet plush feel, we suggest a softer, medium density foam layered with poly-fibre. This will soften with use.
- Styling: Let us help you with various arm styles, back styles and leg designs. You could go in for an English roll over style with bun shaped- turned legs in teak or a Lawson sofa with pleated arms and mid-century tapered legs. Watch this space for our next blog on shapes and styles of legs.